A research career at UoN
As one of the national leaders in discovery and innovation and a major contributor to one of Australia's most economically important regions, we are committed to attracting and fostering outstanding researchers in all stages of their careers.
The Research Division offers a diverse range of support programs and resources to assist researchers at all stages of their career.
UoN hosts more than 200 research academics who are supported by external research funding. These professional, postdoctoral and senior fellows provide a vibrant atmosphere for discovery and innovation.
We are proud of our high quality researchers, and have implemented strategies in:
- actively recruiting and supporting exceptional academics across all disciplines
- targeting academic appointments to our existing and emerging of research strength
- focusing our investment in world-class infrastructure to support research programs
- supporting the next generation of research leaders as they develop their academic research careers.
In addition to the research environment, researchers at the University of Newcastle enjoy:
- Career and Teaching Assistance
- a unique UoN Career Advantage package
- a relaxed lifestyle in a thriving city
Image: Dr Juanita Todd. Dr Todd's studies into auditory brain responses could lead to earlier diagnosis and improved treatment of schizophrenia.